Monday 22 August 2016

Eye to eye

He is walking towards me. 'It is the Lord!' Walking towards me. Towards me. Always walking towards me.

His eyes are fixed on mine. There is love in His face. He draws nearer. And nearer. Walking towards me.

Nearer.

I can see into His eyes now.

He stops.

He sees right into the heart of me, and I in turn into His heart. I see infinite love, great suffering, freedom of soul, almighty power, absolute beauty, absolute joy. I cannot bear it. I cannot bear it but I cannot look away.

I fall to my knees, face to the ground. His gaze draws my eyes upwards again, and although almost blind now I am gazing into His eyes. We are face to face. I cannot bear it but I cannot look away.

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.

I cannot bear it but I cannot look away.

Lord, I am not worthy.

I cannot bear it but I cannot look away.

Lord, if you want, you can heal me.

I want to, He says, looking right into my heart.

There is no more to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment